Monday, April 12, 2010

"Over" With Videos

Drake recently released his video for the single "Over" and my initial reaction is.....it's anutha typical non-impressive Drake video. I recently viewed an interview of Drake with MTV where he mentions the meaning of the video. In a synopsis he basically says that the video is kinda like his struggle between remaining who he is and continuing to create the music that's got him here and falling into the hype of the fast life and the trend in the industry of doin what's hot at the moment. He claims that his decision is kinda clear at the end of the video. Well, honestly I don't know the skyline that appears at the end of the video but I'm gonna assume it's Toronto, so I guess that's suppose to be the "answer". I think the song itself is Drake doing what's hot and the moment but it's what I expected once he signed with Young Money. Again I'm personally not impressed but that's just my opinion. Mayb I just don't completely understand the art of the video, either way check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment